- This event has passed.
- Mendelssohn – Hebrides Overture (Fingal’s Cave)
- Beethoven – Symphony No.7 (second movement)
- Vaughan Williams – The Lark Ascending
- Dvořák – Slavonic Dance No.8
- Brahms – Hungarian Dance No.5
- Ravel – Tzigane
- Saint-Saëns – Dance Macabre
- Mendelssohn – Tarantella (from the Italian Symphony)
- Rimsky Korsakov – Flight of the Bumble Bee
- Rossini – William Tell (Galop)
Compèred by Classic FM’s Jane Jones, this will be an orchestral celebration of beauty, passion and dance with the critically acclaimed Bath Philharmonia, the Festival’s Artistic Director Jason Thornton and the celebrated violinist Chloë Hanslip. We will take you on an exuberant orchestral dance across Europe courtesy of Beethoven, Brahms, Dvořák, Saint-Saëns, Rimsky Korsakov, and Mendelssohn. The programme includes two of the greatest works for violin and orchestra: Vaughan Williams’ timeless evocation of the English countryside The Lark Ascending celebrating the 150th anniversary of his birth and the raw passion of the Romany inspired Tzigane by Ravel.
A friendly and relaxed event designed for first time concertgoers, musical connoisseurs and everyone in between.