- This event has passed.
14 July 2022|7:30 pm
- Robert Schumann – Arabesque Op.18
- Robert Schumann – Waldszenen Op.82
- Johannes Brahms – Variations Op.18b
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Toccata in C minor BWV 911
- Frédéric Chopin – Piano Sonata No.3 Op.58
Since winning the Leeds International Piano Competition in 2018, Eric Lu’s career has rocketed with performances at the Hollywood Bowl, The Proms, Concertgebouw, Seoul Arts Centre and the Wigmore Hall. His playing is notable for its lyricism, tone and colour. Andrew Clements in The Guardian describing it as ‘spellbinding’. For his debut at the Festival, Eric has programmed one of the giants of the piano repertoire, Chopin’s 3rd Piano Sonata, a musical Everest, while the combination of Bach, Schumann and Brahms have an inner life and narrative which he will undoubtedly reveal.