- This event has passed.
Festival Prelude – Hermes Experiment
13 May|7:30 pm
- Claude Debussy – Fantoches
- Laura Moody – Rilke Songs
- Clara Schumann – Liebst du um Schönheit
- Caroline Shaw – Plan & Elevation – The Ellipse
- Ayanna Witter Johnson – Draw the Line
- George Gershwin – I Got Rhythm
- Misha Mullov Abbado – The Linden Tree
- Olivia Chaney – Roman Holiday
- Astor Piazzolla – Concert d’Aujord’hui from Histoire du Tango
- Lynne Plowman – Pedalling Man
- Richard Rodney Bennett – Slow Foxtrot from History of the Thé Dansant
- Meredith Monk – Double Fiesta
The fun loving and uber cool Hermes Experiment really are the talk of the town with a cabinet full of awards. Their experimental programmes fall somewhere between a classical concert and a club night. Featuring the unconventional combination of Harp, Clarinet, Double Bass and Soprano their programmes brim with the familiar and fresh. For their Festival debut, they have chosen a programme packed with male and female composers from a variety of genres. Expect an extraordinary evening of musical discovery and surprise.
This concert has been kindly sponsored by David Rhys & Co.